Friday, February 19, 2010

Painted in Exile - Revitalized (2009)


The words that, to me, accurately relate my feelings for this three-song'd twenty-seven minute EP, just aren't springing to mind. Had I written this while it was still fresh to my ears, I might have gotten something slightly more convincing written down here, but I guess this is God's way of kicking me in the balls for never, ever, under any circumstance, posting in even half of a scheduled routine. But anyway. . .

This is good. None of Painted's peers have ever done anything quite like Revitalized. Instead of being brutal, it's heavy-hitting; instead of being wank-y, it's just kind of over-indulgent, but backed by a gentle taste. If you've ever wondered what Edge of Sanity, Persefone, or Disillusion might sound like if they went deathcore, this is probably a close heir.

Note: The general sound on this album isn't quite "par quality," which is easily its worst aspect, but this is a V0 rip--trust me, I was there.

Fun-fact: "Revitalized" is misspelled on the actual front cover. That's a post-worthy anecdote, right?

@V0

No comments:

Post a Comment