Saturday, February 20, 2010

A Life Once Lost - A Great Artist (2003)


If you've followed this blog at all, you've probably already noticed that I get a hard-on for Meshuggah and any band that sounds anything like them. To make my penis grow even more, I plan on posting three "Meshuggah-worship" albums, the first of which can already be found in the July '09 post featuring Textures' Drawing Circles (now here). I'll leave the second right here.

I could say that A Great Artist is even more primal than the 'Shuggah-est of 'Shuggah, but I'd probably get mauled for libel. It's certainly up there, though, with a vocalist that sounds exactly like Jens Kidman and riffs that come straight out of Nothing; and though this album isn't as exorbitantly inhumane sounding as anything by Meshuggah, that essential brutality overunning most of Mesh's catalog can be found in droves here. There's undoubtedly a -core edge, but that only makes it cooler than As I Lay Dying.

No comments:

Post a Comment