Saturday, February 6, 2010

No Consequence - In the Shadow of Gods (2009)


This band has been touted in the same breaths as Born of Osiris and Veil of Maya, taking the poly-rhythmic groove-'Shuggahisms (Shahjizzgasms?) of the latter and infusing them with the weird note-suspending pzazz of the the former, but I'd like to instead compare them to The Arusha Accord, because that's what I do, apparently. They're Arusha's slower, groovier cousin, whilst also kind of having the same emphasis on desperate and not-so-desperate vocals.

For fans of the three aforementioned bands, Meshuggah, Sikth, and every band any of them have ever influenced.

Note: Judging from RYM reviews and Last.FM comments, a lot of people aren't too keen on this band's vocals, which I guess I can kind of understand. If you have an especial ear for--like I mentioned up there in the main paragraph--desperate vocals, you'll hopefully find something to like here.

@V2

No comments:

Post a Comment