Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sun Kil Moon - April (2008)


This is a long fucking album and I'll admit, right now, to never making it all the way through in one sitting, but I'd like to think the man behind Sun Kil Moon has a voice that rewards anyone who actually does. April is a sit-backer. A lean-to. But it's compelling enough to keep anyone wanting a compelling listen...compelled? Or as in my case, interested for at least half of its total running time. I can't complain. My forte tends to be an attention-seeking tramp, and it's certainly satiated my drooling tongue for a good ten years now.

Anyone who likes to get lost in hard, melancholic melodies and near-droning, country-fied acoustic twangs can't go wrong here. Reserved for sleepless nights and cool mid-afternoon drives.

@V0: Part 1 & Part 2

4 comments: